Hello ASC folks,
The weather is looking good for this Saturday 8 September when Scienceworks comes alive after-hours for AstroLight Festival! We’d love your help to share with your networks – join the Facebook event or check out the AstroLight blog for lots of info about all our exciting speakers and activities.
· International Space Station flight controller Andrea Boyd and former astronaut trainer Dr Gail Iles discussing human spaceflight and possibilities for our species going beyond the Earth
· Andrea Boyd and aerospace engineer Dr Naomi Mathers will talk about the new Australian Space Agency and the important role that Australia has to play in this accelerating industry
· Ever heard of the concept of Spaghettification? OzGrav researchers Debatri Chattopadhyay, Lucy Strang and Hannah Middleton will enlighten you as they talk about gravitational waves and other exciting developments in astronomy (FYI: spaghettification is what happens when you get to close to a black hole)
· Short and sweet talks in the Energy Lab, covering Indigenous astronomy, the discovery of baby planets, how scientists use light to make the regenerating cells of a zebrafish fluoresce, and more
· Experience virtual space travel for yourself with Opaque Space’s award-winning virtual reality experience Spacewalk
· Over 20 astronomy, light, and space science organisations with experts to talk to, hands-on activities, and ideas to blow your mind
· A whole field of telescopes for stargazing
· Planetarium and Lightning Room shows
· Food trucks and café serving up intergalactic treats all night!
Acting Public Programs and Education Manager
GPO Box 666 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
+61 3 9392 4830
This e-mail is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential. You should only read, disclose, transmit, copy, distribute, act in reliance on or commercialise the contents if you are authorised to do so. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify email@example.com by email immediately, or notify the sender and then destroy any copy of this message. Views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be those of an officer of Museums Victoria. Museums Victoria does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free from errors, virus or interference.