Spot the Bull S…cience
What do the moon landings, global warming and vaccination all have in common? They’re conspiracies perpetuated by scientists, right? WRONG!
To celebrate National Science Week, and to demonstrate just how hard it is to get scientists to believe BS (bad science), The Science Nation is holding a contest of intelligence, interrogation and intimidation that sees a lineup of scientists each trying to have their peers believe complete and utter BS.
Come along and join the most enjoyable experiment in BS you’ll ever see. Spot the Bull S…cience is 90 minutes of science & laughs that promises to be fun for (almost) everyone.
Events will be held on the following dates and cities:
14 August – Brisbane
Brisbane’s participants include: passionate malaria researcher, career development mentor and netball coach A/Prof Kathy Andrews; Venom Doc Dr Bryan Grieg Fry; molecular scientist and crystalcake aficionado Prof Jenny Martin; roboticist and breakfast toast obsessive Prof Jonathan Roberts; and physicist Prof Andrew White.
17 August – Adelaide
Adelaide’s participants include: metaboloepigeneticist and comic Dr Hannah Brown; botanist and molecular biologist A/Prof Rachel Burton; anthropologist and evolutionary scientist Prof Alan Cooper; physical chemist and surface scientist Dr Andrew Stapleton; and paleontologist, RiAus Director and train enthusiast Dr Paul Willis.
- Time: 6:30-8pm (doors and bar open at 6pm), 17 August 2016.
- Venue: RiAus, The Science Exchange, Adelaide.
- Tickets: $10 online, $15 at the door.
- Calendar: Don't forget by adding Adelaide's event to your Facebook calendar.
21 August – Sydney
Sydney’s participants include: statistician and model(ler) Dr Craig Anderson; national fencing champion and builder of bacterial motors Dr Matt Baker; anthropologist, evolutionary scientist and science communicator A/Prof Darren Curnoe; physicist, triathlete, bass player and beer connoisseur A/Prof Adam Micolich; and chemist, science communicator and host of Up and Atom Dr Alice Williamson.
- Time: 3:30-5pm (doors open at 3pm), 21 April 2016.
- Venue: Sydney Powerhouse Museum, Ultimo, Sydney.
- Tickets: $15 Adult/$10 MAAS Member/$8 Concession online. All tickets $20 at the door (cash only). Ticket includes Museum entry.
- Calendar: Don't forget by adding Sydney's event to your Facebook calendar.
Please submit any questions via email.
Spot the Bull S…cience is proudly supported by the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision,National Science Week, and the Australian Centre of Excellence for Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers.