Black Mountain, Canberra
In CSIRO, the Communication function supports the delivery of science through effective communication management and delivery, both within and outside CSIRO, to enhance CSIRO’s public image and promote its scientific expertise and delivery of impact within Australia, and globally.
In this role you will contribute to the planning, development and execution of communication activities for CSIRO’s FHLSI Group through the investigation and gathering of data, and providing support directly via the Plant Industry Division Communication Manager. In addition, this role will collate the results of communication efforts, such as media monitoring, and maintain web content in the Content Management System.
Specifically you will:
· Investigate and gathering of data for the development of a range of communication campaign activities, including writing and production of media releases, speeches, articles, brochures, publications and other communication materials
· Investigate and gather data to assist with the preparation and delivery of media releases on behalf of the Division and Group
· Establish and maintain effective relationships
· Assist with the organisation and execution of media launches and other events
· Update internal and external web content
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra
Salary: $57K to $73K Plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: ACT12/03524
Tenure: 14 month term
To be successful you will have:
· Relevant tertiary qualifications in communication, public relations or media, or relevant experience in a role in areas such as media relations, public relations, government affairs or communications
· Demonstrated experience delivering clear and audience appropriate written communication
· Experience in the investigation and gathering of data for implementing and executing communication plans and materials
· Experience in the collation, recording and dissemination of materials such as media releases, speeches, articles, publications, advertisements and other communications
About CSIRO: Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, CSIRO is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation. Find out more! www.csiro.au.
Find out more! For further information and instructions on how to lodge your application, please visit our website at CSIRO Careers http://csiro.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm, choose "Job Search" and insert Reference Number ACT12/03524 where indicated.
CSIRO Food Futures National Research Flagship
Phone: +61 2 9490 8495
Mobile: 0477 314 871
Address: 5 Julius Avenue, North Ryde NSW 2113
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.