* Posted on behalf
of the magazine editors. Please refer to website below for further information
(I'm just the messenger).
is seeking an organised and self-motivated person to provide support and
clerical assistance to The Helix and Scientriffic magazines. The applicant
should have effective written and oral communication skills and proficient
typing skills. These youth magazines contain science news, hands-on activities,
comics and competitions.
This position will be offered on a part-time basis (approximately 2 days
- Proven ability to take direction, relate well to others and work
effectively as a member of a team.
- Sound organisational skills including reliability, self-motivation,
ability to complete routine tasks accurately and ability to meet
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Fast, accurate typing skills and experience with word processing and IT
skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment policies, in particular,
manual handling procedures to be able to undertake safe manual work such as
lifting and carrying.
- A current manual driverís license.
- Interest in science and ability to undertake basic research
Positions Details - 2009/234 - Editorial Assistant
Position Title: Editorial
$38K- $49K plus Superannuation
Applications Close: 27 Apr
Officer, Scientists in Schools
PO Box 225, Dickson ACT 2602
Phone: 02 6276 6397 Fax: 02